The other night mommy had to go to a meeting, my dad was working in his garage and I had the girls and Sam in the house (the boys were still up at Grandpa and Grandma's house). Soph and I were put in charge of cleaning the kitchen up after supper and the little kids were watching a show in the living room. Soph was supposed to sweep the floor while I loaded up the dishwasher. When I turned around, there was Soph sitting in the living room with the kids - watching the show. I was frustrated that my only helper decided to 'take a break' (as she put it) and desert me to do all the work.
"Soph, you get up here right now and start sweeping the floor. Why is it that I am the only one up here?! Stop watching the show and come finish your job." I have to admit, I didn't talk to her in the best tone of voice but she came up looking pretty remorseful. I turned back to my job, satisfied that she would do hers.
"Hanna," Soph said in a quiet voice at my side. "Here. You are special." She handed me one of our refrigerator magnets that has a picture of a rose on it with the words "You Are Special" written below it. It was so funny that it was all I could do to not laugh out loud! Instead, I said while trying not to laugh, "Well, Soph, thanks alot! I love you, Soph. Now, let's get back to sweeping the floor." I reached out and hugged her. Little people can be so funny. Let's just say that with lots of kids around, life is NEVER boring!
Saturday, June 7, 2008
You Are Special!
Posted by The Von Eight at 7:56 PM
Labels: funny sayings, Hanna, Soph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Boy is that the truth!!
Soph sure is a special person, but then so is her big sister.
Even though you might not have started out in the right manner sure sounds like you ended up there.
Good job in being sensitive to the 'little people'.
Love,
Grandma H
Like your blog!
Checkout mine, too.
http://danndulin.blogspot.com/
to cute Hanna!
Post a Comment