Yes, we are here! We are alive! We are doing pretty good! Busy, very tired at the end of the day but pretty well, all the same. Haircuts are done on time (or nearly so, :)our garden is growing quite well, Viv recently learned to ride her little bike without training wheels, and we can barely tear her away from it long enough to eat! Being as busy as I am, I still find time to read and recently picked up Cheaper by Dozen and found it to be such a cute book. Filled with so much humor and the fun of large family living I found it to be a book I will want to read to my siblings. The following is one of my favorite stories:
"Dad himself used to joke that he couldn't even tell us 12 kids apart. He even boasted about one time when Mother was away on a lecturing tour and he was in charge of the household. Things went fairly smoothly and Father had us all lined up outside on the front porch when Mother arrived. "How was everything, dear?" asked Mother. "Fine, just fine," answered Father. "But this one here gave me quite a bit of trouble," he said as he pointed towards the offender. "But as soon as I gave him a good thrashing he was as good as gold." Mother, who was never ruffled at anything, calmly replied, "But he isn't one of ours dear, he's from next door."
Monday, June 29, 2009
After All, They Come Cheaper by the Dozen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love the new background!!
I haven't ever read Cheaper by the Dozen, but I've seen the movie.
I'm offically adding it to my library list!
I LOVE THE BACKROUND!!!!! Good luck w/ the bike Viv!
that cheaper by the dozen story is totally funny! Cute background!
I love the movie!
Post a Comment