I was tagged by Moriah:
The rules are...
1. Pick up the nearest book- it has to have at least 123 pages.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five other people.
The book that is closest to me now is my Science book, titled Science of the Physical Creation, by Abeka. The four sentences read,
"These reactions may be described as A +BC - AC + B. In a single-displacement reaction, the element B in the compound BC is replaced, or displaced by element A; the result is a new compound, AC, with element B left on its own. For example, the bromine in the compound sodium bromide (NaBr) may be replaced by chlorine (Cl), yielding sodium chloride (NaCl) and bromine: 2 NaBr + Cl2 - 2NaCl + Br2. In a more spectacular single-displacement reaction, aluminum (Al) displaces iron from a type of iron oxide ("rust," Fe2O3) when a powdered mixture of rust and aluminum is ignited: Fe2O3 + 2 Al - Al2 O3 + 2 Fe.
My science book isn't always so hard to understand, its just that page number 123 fell into the chemistry unit! I don't think I'm going to tag anyone else.
*Note* I recently went to Florida for a few days, and I'm hoping that tomorrow will give me a chance to post about my trip.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Tagged... Again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
sooooo.....how is that post about Florida coming?
^ditto! :)
And you so impress me with your chemistry :)
Please don't be impressesd. Just because that's what my science book says doesn't mean I totally comprehend it! When my mom read my post she said her eyes began to glaze over!
;)
*sitting and blinking trying to comprehend what I've just read*
I don't think I even took chemistry but if I did, it's been enough years since high school that anything mathematically complicated would be a Great Challenge. Basically, that's anything not related to doubling/ tripling a recipe, or comparing prices at the grocery store... :-)
Post a Comment