BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Staying Warm 101

A couple tips on how to stay warm in the winter when the high for the day is -8.
1) Have a wood burning stove. Very helpful to thaw out snow encrusted boots and children.


2) Eat hot soups or chili.

3) Wear lots of layers.

4) Pile numerous blankets on your bed or, in my case, have two little "body warmers" (a.k.a. two of my little siblings) in addition to the numerous blankets.

5) Stay indoors if at all possible. Or, if you're like some adventurous young boys I know, if there's snow on the ground and if there are friends to play with, outside they go, regardless of the temperature!

2 comments:

Grandma H. said...

That's what I like about coming to your house, there are always little bodies that like to snuggle up to me in the morning.
Makes staying in bed on a cold winter morn a delight...
Did I mention the little bodies come with great big smiles :)
Grandma

Leah said...

Very good tips. I'll have to remember that when it gets down to -30 here. BR!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...