BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Vegetables of our Labors

This year our family planted a garden... add a couple raised beds, some huge overgrown tomatoes, peppers, and corn, and you get our garden. Yep.
When we first planted our plants, everything was in neat, cute little rows, and everything was contained inside of the raised beds. People who walked by would often stop to admire our yard, complimenting Dad and Mom on "How nice it all looked!" I thought it was nice too.


Until everything decided to grow up.



Above are our pumpkins and corn. Our pumpkins were supposed to grow on the ground around the corn, but as you can see, they're almost half as tall as the corn!



What does all of this garden produce translate into? Canning. Of course.
I'm off work today so Mom's going to have me help with canning some more green beans and beets. Fun!!!

1 comments:

hermitgirl said...

oh, gardens. Yeah, we have one and it's just green beans and cucumbers. I'm not really into green beans at the moment. especially after have to pick six overgrown rows.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...