BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Great Pumpkin


Yesterday we went on a field trip to an Amish community. They had a humongous pumpkin patch that has a corn maze and two mazes made out of hay bales. They also had a small petting zoo with pot bellied pigs, loop eared rabbits, regular rabbits, ducks, turkeys, and a whole bunch of varieties of chickens. Some of the chickens were very unique - several of them had feathers on their legs and feet. They looked really funny - not at all like the chickens we are used to. I collected 18 feathers and am planning on making a headdress out of them. At this farm they had lots of squash and pumpkins for sale. They grow all different kinds of varieties of pumpkins; green ones, gray ones, white ones, and even the traditional orange. Some were little, some big, some round, and some flat. They even had one pumpkin that weighed 440 pounds! I bought some gourds and a small pumpkin, along with some Indian corn to decorate our table. Mom bought a Jarrahdale pumpkin to make pie with - until she does, I get to use it with my other decorations. After that, we went to an Amish grocery store. It was so cool. They had all kinds of things there. Sim, Gabe, Nate, and I loved the knives. They also had two different sizes of double barreled rifles that were lighters. When we were leaving the store, we saw lots of Amish children on little carts drawn by horses. Because it was 3:30, we supposed that they were going home from school. I waved and said "Hi" to each one that passed.
So long for now, Si

2 comments:

Moriah A. said...

Ya! We did have some fun! I think you miss spelled Simi. We spell it Simmy but I not totally sure
~Ri

Nicky Story said...

LOL - wish I could have went - I don't think I've ever been to the Amish community... And I love the picture - who took it???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...