As part of school, every Tuesday at eleven o'clock, Si, Ri, Sim and I have a writing class. Mommy bought a book called Story Starters and it is full of stories that are only half finished. My mom reads us the first half of the story and then each of us write our own ending to the story. Often times the results are very humorous (especially Si’s endings!). We all really enjoy doing it, so when Ri saw a 'finish the story contest' in Clubhouse Magazine, the prize being $50 in cash for the first prize, we all decided to enter. The past few weeks have been spent writing our outlines, first drafts, revisions, and then our final drafts. The one problem has been that your story is limited to 600 words or less. It was no problem for the boys to keep their stories under the limit but with Ri and I it has been a different story! My story's word count was above 900! Oh boy, did mommy and I have to do some serious cutting of my story and it was the same with Ri. Finally, I ended up with 591 words! Close call! Well, all of our stories are ready to be mailed off today. Hooray!
Thursday, November 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
There were a lot of revisions that we had to do! I still have to do my cutting!!AHHHH!
Oh my - that sounds like so much fun! I used to do that kind of stuff all the time! But now I have to work all the time! :(
Love you guys! Keep up the good work...
Oh that looks like so much fun!!! I HOPE YOU WIN! It would be interesting to have a "famous" friend!
I did it hanna! I got 599 words for the clubhouse story!
Post a Comment