Today in my American Literature I read a sermon by Increase Mather titled, Man Knows Not His Time. Increase Mather was a great Puritan preacher who entered Harvard College at age 12 and graduated at age 17, and started his preaching career at 18. The following is a quote from this sermon:
"A man knows not what changes shall attend him whilst in the world."
As I read this, the thought came to me that even though we may not always know what our future holds and what kind of changes may come our way, we can be confident in the Word of the Lord. Isaiah 40:8 says, The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever. Another verse which is found in I Peter says that we are like the withering grass, but that our God will stand forever. The thought that no matter what, God is unchanging and always there for us really blesses me! God bless! 
2 comments:
Hello from the USA.
Just visiting, and wanted to say that I appreciate your post...
we have never seen so much snow!!
Keep living for the Lord.
i tag you!! you can see the rules on my blog!
Post a Comment