BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

100 Dollars... Over

The other day I had to cash a check at the bank. I walked up to the lady teller that we've known for a long time. After asking her to cash the check for me, the lady proceeded to count out the money. I didn't hear her count the money out really well but it almost sounded to me like she was counting out more cash then what my check was for. Thinking either she was saying the wrong number or I am hard of hearing at the age of thirteen, I thanked her and went out of the bank. (It never crossed my mind that a bank teller could miscount money!) I walked outside to my bike and the thought came to me to check the amount of cash I was given. I quickly discovered that she really had given me the wrong amount of money - $100 dollars over the check amount in fact! Immediately I went back inside to give back the extra hundred. Our bank lady looked surprised to see me again but after I explained to her the situation, she took the money and re-counted it. "Thank you so much!" she exclaimed. "I would have been looking all over for it later!" It made me feel really good to have done the right thing. Later my mom told me that sometimes God gives us situations like this to test us. She also said that when we do the right thing, it is a testimony to the people around us.

4 comments:

Grandma H. said...

Excellent Enkelin
Ihre Ehrlichkeit ist zu bewundern
Oma Herrig

Translation:
Excellent Granddaughter
Your Honesty is to be admired!
Grandma Herrig :)

Miss Alice said...

I guess Grandma H. is for German.

Moriah A. said...

:)

Leah said...

Well done!! I work as a teller at our Credit Union in town and it is always such a blessing when people are honest! Yes, we do make mistakes! :) And your mom is ABSOLUTELY right! It is such a BIG testimony to others! Thank you for posting about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...