BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

French or German?

German or French? French or German? This is the question I've been thinking about as the school year approaches. I'm entering high-school this year and so I'm obligated to learn a second language. Not that I mind as I've always wanted to learn another language! So far I have narrowed my list of languages down to two and, you guessed it, it's French or German!

Eiffel Tower in France.
On one hand, French is a beautiful sounding language, whereas German has a harder sound to it. Plus, if I ever went to Europe again, a lot of places speak French although a lot of people in Europe speak German as well. But, I could also speak French in some parts of Africa as well as in some parts in Spain. Then again, German is more widely known in Europe. What to do?

The Rhine River in Germany.
What say ye?

8 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

I have no idea.

I tried French.. it didn't really work out.

Let us know what you decide.

Rebecca said...

i took a little German. It's going to be much easier for you to learn, because it's similar to English in a lot of ways...

personally, I LOVE the sound of Spanish.. I wish I'd learned more Spanish

Anonymous said...

uhhh...Slovak? That's what I want to learn :) If we both learned Slovak than we could practice it with each other...
If not, then I say French or German ;) My sister, Rachel, knows German really well, so I think you should try French :P
On the other hand, German would be a lot easier!
I'm not being much of a help here, am I....

Moriah A. said...

I am learning spanish this year...i think that it would be cool if you learned french it sounds so pretty and french and spainsh are pretty similar! Either way you will do great! Do the one that you like the best...gut feeling! :)

marmaladeinstead said...

Well, I majored in German when I went to college in Georgia, so I might be a little biased... :) I really liked it, though--a lot of words are similar to English, which makes it easier to learn vocabulary--and you're correct that it is widely spoken.

French is so beautiful, though, I agree!

ANY new language will be a challenge-- but an exciting one! :)

Miss Alice said...

Deutsch, sicher!
(for translation help, go to http://translation2.paralink.com/)

Kristi said...

german. then you could help me understand when david tosses a german phrase into something he's telling me! :-) although he does translate for me when he sees the blank stare on my face...

Leah said...

I'd say... French. It is such a beautiful language!! I have a really random question here: Are you home schooled?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...