BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mr. Pegelow

Have you ever read the book Mr. Pegelow? I was reading it last week and it really blessed me. It is a story about a young man whose name is Bob Streblow. One night Bob was going to church and he walked past a man whose name was Mr. Pegelow. Now Mr. Pegelow was the town drunk and God had given Bob a vision about what would happen to Mr. Pegelow if he died and went to hell. So when Bob passed by him, he felt the urge to take Mr. Pegelow to church. Mr. Pegelow was not only drunk, but he had not had a bath in a very long time. That night God touched Mr. Pegelow’s heart while he was in the church service and he became born again. From that point on, Mr. Pegelow’s life was so drastically changed that people who knew him before hardly recognized him. A couple weeks later, when Bob and his dad went to pick up Mr. Pegelow at his workplace to take him to church, they found out that he had died that same day. One of his coworkers had heard him say, "Thank You, Jesus. I’m coming home." With that Mr. Pegelow went to be with the Lord.
I was very blessed to read this book, and if you have not read it, I would encourage you to read it. The book, Mr. Pegelow, is a very good book to give to people who do not know Jesus Christ. Just the other day I gave one to one of my friends that we have been telling about the Lord.

2 comments:

An Old Fashioned Girl said...

I like Mr. Pegelow Chris! It's one of the most powerful books I've ever read!

Grandma H. said...

Christopher,
This is one of my favorite books.
When your mom and uncles were younger and I homeschooled them, at the end of the year I use to read this book to them as a special day.
I did this for several years and it became a very special time for us.
This book has a powerful message for all of us.
Thanks for sharing,
Grandma H.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...