BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Paul Bunyan

This week in English I read about Tall Tales. I really enjoyed reading about Paul Bunyan and his big, blue ox, Babe. Today I had to make up my own tale about Paul. Here it is:

Paul's voice was the loudest sound in the forest. His voice could be heard ten miles around. When Paul spoke, he was so loud that the animals shivered with fear. When Paul snored, five trees would fall down.

Loggers say that Paul built the largest pancake gridle in the entire world. Paul's griddle was 15 feet wide and 20 feet long. Whenever Paul made a pancake it would take 100 men to eat it. The griddle was so big that 65 men could lay on it!

1 comments:

Grandma H. said...

Hi Chris,

That's a pretty good tale.
When I was a young girl, my family went with 2 other families to Brainerd, Minnesota. Supposedly Paul Bunyan visited or lived around there.
Anyway I remember there being a park that we visited and it had a big statue of Paul Bunyan with his blue ox "Babe" next to him.

I was about 12 years old.

Love you,
Grandma H.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...